Ride Tracker

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

50 Miles Down

Yesterday was an off day for me.  I had three days in a row where I really went after my goals. i'm adjusting to the recumbent bike, and learning to appreciate the extra back support that it provides. It doesn't hurt that no one wants to use the recumbent at the gym.  I've solved the age old problem of gym goers vs. New Years Resolution gym goers.  6 weeks of recumbent biking for regular gym goers!

Happy to announce a major milestone, which you can see at the top of the page. As of the time of this post, I've surpassed 50 miles. Many more to go, 3600 to be exact, but for just starting out, 50 feels good, and so did the 12 mile ride that got me there!

I resumed Physical Therapy today.  I showed off the renewed strength in my calves, chatted about triathlons, upcoming doctors appointments, and potential future treatments. The therapist actually asked me if I thought PT was helping.  Of course I do! Plus, a free 20 min lower back massage 2x a week is not something I'm about to give up.  (Shh, don't tell Sue).

Back at it tonight. Aiming for 60 min tonight, my longest session since I began this journey.

Till next time, Happy Spinning
(I feel like I need a sign off.  I'll keep working on them)

No comments:

Post a Comment