Ride Tracker

Friday, January 18, 2013

Rolling in my underwear

I've had to get a few workouts in on the go this week.  On Wednesday, I had a short time between work and a meeting at Caleb's school. I stopped at the YMCA in Quincy.  Talk about a Nightmare.  I haven't been to that location in more than a year, and since they started construction on a new facility.  The place is awful.  Have I become a Hanover Y Snob? I think so.  The workout went fine.  I rode the regular stationary bike. I am, and have always been, fastest on these bikes.  11.7 miles in 39 minutes. 

I'm also going away this weekend.  I'm thinking I could buy a day pass at a local gym, but it's highly unlikely, so instead I rolled out of bed this morning, and got in a 10 mile ride.  It was as low maintenance a ride as I've had in a while. I, quite literally, strolled downstairs in my underwear, switched to my bike shorts and shoes, and settled in for a light ride.  

I'm still feeling stronger every ride.  The only reason I didn't push for further distances is because I was short on time. I'm pretty happy with just shy of 50 miles for the week, but I could push it to 60 if I go to the gym tomorrow.  Who am I kidding?  I'm going to be very, very hung over tomorrow. 

Big milestone coming up next week, when I should top 100 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment