Ride Tracker

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Off Day

On Saturday, Sue and I took Caleb and Ella to see Dinosaurs.  "Real LIVE" Dinosaurs. We headed over to Discover The Dinosaurs at the Boston Seaport World Trade Center. It was a surprise for Caleb, who was being very grouchy the entire way.  He was not pleased to see the line -- stretching nearly a city block -- to get into the mystery adventure. Luckily, they sent an employee out to declare that cash customers had no waiting.  Cash was King, and we had some!

When we arrived at Discover the Dinos, there was a line as far as the eye could see.  like good little lemmings, we queued up.  After a few minutes, we learned that this was the line for people who needed tickets (us)  but that there was no line if you were willing to pay cash.  Great news!

After a few more minutes, we were inside the exhibit.  I wish I had video of Caleb as he figured out what we were doing.  As soon as he saw the Pterodactyl,  he was hooked.  We worked our way through all of the dinosaurs on display.  It was not without difficulty for me.  I'm still not steady on my feet.  I was pushing Ella in her carriage, while Sue and Caleb looked at the dinos up close.

Finally, we were into the main part of the display, and there were nothing but lines Everywhere!  We knew we needed a ticket, so that's the first line we went into, but just like outside, we had cash, and cot to cut 100+ people.  Equipped with tickets, we took on the next line. Seventy five minutes later, Caleb was in the bounce house area for 10 whole minutes!


While Caleb and Sue waited in line, Ella and I explored a bit. Everywhere we went, more lines. Ride a Dino, snacks, gift shop. It didn't matter, everything was a 30-60 minute wait. I'm not sure they how they fix that, or, given that they were making money hand over fist, that they cared to fix it.  We were lucky with two parents, we divided time in line between the two of us. and if the gift shop, I waited while Sue entertained and shopped with Caleb. 

The biggest takeaway from the Discover the Dinosaurs was that we were hungry, and exhausted. We couldn't get near enough to the snack bar to get anything without waiting an hour, and Dino Chicken Nuggets are NEVER worth an hour wait. Also, we were on our feet for most of 5 hours, and carrying Caleb for a good portion of that.  As a result, my back and feet were in a lot of pain, and cramping badly.

No Miles logged last night.  I just couldn't do it. so here I am, 6 days into the challenge, and 54 miles off my pace.  There Will be Miles tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment